Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Independent Writing Project



Poem
 I guess I was like everyone else when I was a kid,
I loved to play,
Get away with everything and anything,
I loved being with my friends,
And like you know normal little kid stuff,
Now,
Everyone annoys me,
Literally everyone annoys me,
I mean I like a couple of people,
But even those people annoy me,
Even though I get annoyed by so many people,
I’m still polite,
Because I think it’s necessary to be nice,
So like you know not everyone will hate you,
I also like to believe magic and faith is real,
And I love basically every type of music,
Who I want to be?
I don’t know,
I want to be someone who is successful,
Someone who actually deserves whatever they get,
I want to be different,
Someone like Beyonce



Essay
  The meaning of rebellion to me is when someone goes against their normal tradition. Rebelling is like when you don’t do what’s expected of you instead you kind of just do the opposite. I think a lot of teenagers’ rebel against things sometimes it’s necessary sometimes it’s not. Sometimes they might do it because they want to prove a point to their parents, or teachers, or anyone. Most of the time they end up being wrong so being a rebel isn’t always a good thing. Other times it might be because they’re tired of following traditions and then other times it’s just for the fun of it.
  I personally do believe that rebellion is a necessary element of growing up because first of all everyone is going to do it at some point without even realizing their doing it. The reason I think this, is because everyone has their own opinion on everything so when you have your own opinion you’re obviously not going to like every rule your parents or teachers give you. Sometimes you might think the rules that someone gives you are not necessary or stupid so you do whatever you want. Also because sometimes teenagers like to be different so instead of doing what everyone else is doing they do something else. The second reason rebellion is important is because sometimes you can learn from it. Teenagers always think their right so sometimes they rebel against things thinking it’s the right thing to do but at the end they end up being wrong. So, I think you can learn from that and learn that you’re not always right and that sometimes your parents actually know what they’re talking about.
   Overall I’m not sure if I ever rebelled against anything, I don’t think I have. I think it’s important to be a rebel though. It’s just part of growing up, it’s not necessarily a good thing but it’s not a bad thing either. Also I think that when you actually rebel against something because you think it’s important to really shows that you’re growing up. I think this because it shows that you have a strong opinion about something and you’re standing up for what you believe of.






No comments:

Post a Comment